Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32CUBEIDE] 1.11.0 Using STM32F407VGT6 fails to generate TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler

Alec Davis 2021
Associate III

This initially an azrtos tx toggle LED test on a STM32F4Discovery board

I followed this video

MOOC - Azure RTOS workshop - 5 ThreadX lab - step1 - First thread creation - YouTube

The attached fileSTM32F4DISCO-1.10.1 works when compile with 1.10.1

After further debug with 1.11.0 it turns outs the attached STM32F4Disco-Dec2022 file crashes in HAL_INIT() because TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler() isn't generated in stm32f4xx_it.c.

0693W00000WL4d7QAD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alec Davis 2021
Associate III

Rebooted my original development machine, and now it generates IRQ_HANLDER as expected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

I have checked from my side and I cannot reproduce this issue.

For that, try to open the .ioc file, regenerate code and check if TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler() is generated in stm32f4xx_it.c.

If the problem is not solved, please share the configuration steps and try to debug, localize where the code stop and the kind of message gives.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

In response to the debugging and localize where it stopped, I included the image it failed just after _NVIC_IRQ_ENABLE, which through a few levels of calling was called from HAL_INIT().

Tonight I just download the project STM32F4Disco-Dec2022.zip that I uploaded as a reference, which doesn't have "RTOS threadx" enable yet, imported it into STM32CUBEIDE, Regenereated the code and it still doesn't have TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler() in stm32f4xx_it.c and still crashes.

Enabled "RTOS threadx" and regenerate code

Still no TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler() in stm32f4xx_it.c and crashes in _NVIC_IRQ_ENABLE, as per image.

Removed the software pack X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4, regenerated.

Still no TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler() in stm32f4xx_it.c and crashes in _NVIC_IRQ_ENABLE, as per image.

I don't know how I got this super simple project in this state, as every time I try to reproduce in a new project it will work as expected.

Then on another Windows PC, imported same project STM32F4Disco-Dec2022.zip that I imported into CUBEIDE 1.11.0, regenerated code, and stm32f4xx_it.c now has TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler() . ?????

Alec Davis 2021
Associate III

Rebooted my original development machine, and now it generates IRQ_HANLDER as expected.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​,

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Glad to know that the issue is fixed.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.