cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for STM32F746ZG SPI Code Snippets

Pluto7
Associate II

Hello STM32 community,

I'm currently working on a project with an STM32F746ZG microcontroller, and I'm in need of SPI code snippets specifically tailored for this platform. I've searched extensively, but I haven't been able to find any suitable examples within the context of the STM32F746ZG.

Could someone please share SPI code snippets or a reference example that is compatible and optimized for the STM32F746? I'm specifically looking for code that demonstrates the setup and usage of the SPI peripheral on this microcontroller. Any assistance in this matter would be highly appreciated.

For reference, you can refer to the example codes available here, in which SPI is missing:

Pluto7_0-1709023709908.png

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Pluto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You can refer to this example from CubeF7 package:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32746G-Discovery/Examples/SPI

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You can refer to this example from CubeF7 package:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32746G-Discovery/Examples/SPI

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Pluto7
Associate II

Thanks for your help @SofLit.

Pluto7
Associate II

@SofLitWhat is the difference between: STM32F746ZG-Nucleo vs STM32746G-Discovery? As I can see both of them present under the same snippet codes package?

And will the code base for Discovery work as it is for Nucleo?

F746-Nucleo-Discovery.jpg

Thanks,
Pluto

It's the same MCU (same die) with different package. If the SPI example works for the one it should work for the other.

The only thing you have to check: the GPIO pins and the clock configuration. So you need if necessary to make some changes according to the board schematics, pins exposed, etc..  but in final the example should work.