cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTP clock source is SYSCLK or HCLK?

GHoll.2
Associate

The reference manual for STM32F407 shows (RM0090) that the PTP clock is running from the SYSCLK directly, however, the PTP chapter says that it is controlled by the HCLK. I'm confused now, and experiments show that it is running from HCLK actually. So either the clock diagram in the chapter 7 is wrong (and also CubeMX) or I misunderstand something. Can I drive PTP clock from SYSCLK?

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Gergely Hollósi​ welcome to the Community 🙂,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

The PTP clock source is the HCLK.

I reported Internally.

Documentation related issue tracked under the number 141623. 

STM32CubeMX issue tracked in internal ticket 141633.

These are internal tracking numbers and are not accessible or usable by customers.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

As always, I remind that obviously the same issue must be checked and updated for all F1, F2, F4, F7 series MCUs with ETH peripheral in reference manuals and CubeMX.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Piranha​,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported internally.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.