cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming using I2C

VThan.2
Associate III

Hello all,

I have a design that is designed with a STM32. The SWDIO pin and SWCLK pin are pogo test points and difficult to solder wires to connect to the ST link programmer. The design has the BOOT0 pin pulled up to VDD. The I2C lines are the only way I can program the board. Once the board is programmed, can it be reprogrammed using the I2C lines for firmware development?

0693W00000Lz7SDQAZ.pngThank you

Vignesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Holding BOOT0 high during reset will cause the chip to boot into the bootloader at every reset, during which time you can reprogram it.

Unless you change option bytes to change the BOOT0 behavior, in which case you will lose this capability.

Use SWD for programming/development and save yourself the headache and lack of productivity caused by not having a debugger.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

Holding BOOT0 high during reset will cause the chip to boot into the bootloader at every reset, during which time you can reprogram it.

Unless you change option bytes to change the BOOT0 behavior, in which case you will lose this capability.

Use SWD for programming/development and save yourself the headache and lack of productivity caused by not having a debugger.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"The SWDIO pin and SWCLK pin are pogo test points and difficult to solder wires to"

Really?

Pads large enough for reliable pogo connection shouldn't be too hard to solder to...

Or make a pogo jig.

As @TDK​  suggests, the benefits of having SWD will far outweigh the effort in soldering ...

VThan.2
Associate III

Got it. Thank you very much.

Jolly good.

If your question is now resolved, please mark the solution:

0693W000008y9fZQAQ.png 

VThan.2
Associate III

Hello @Andrew Neil​ , I had already marked it. Am I missing something?

Showed up as marked for me just now.

Seems you marked it after that post?

Anyhow, tis done now!

👍