cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL API documentation and examples

Ricko
Associate III

Hi,

where do I find the full HAL API documentation? Is there a wiki? And also is there a way to pull it up in CubeIDE (I'm not referring to the autocomplete)?

Also is there a repository with all examples organised by topic, for example PWM, I2C etc.?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MOBEJ
ST Employee

hello @Ricko ,

You can find the full HAL API documentation on the STMicroelectronics website. Navigate to the specific STM32 product page and look for the "Documentation" section. Here, you will find user manuals, programming guides, and reference manuals.

you can check this  Description of STM32F1 HAL and low-layer drivers :

Description of STM32F1 HAL and low-layer drivers - User manual

Br

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MOBEJ
ST Employee

hello @Ricko  ,

STMicroelectronics provides a repository with examples organized by topic:

• The STM32Cube repository on GitHub contains firmware packages for various STM32 series. Each package includes examples organized by peripheral (e.g., PWM, I2C, UART).
  • You can find the repository here: STM32Cube GitHub
  • For example, for STM32F4 series, you can navigate to the STM32CubeF4 repository.

Br

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MOBEJ
ST Employee

hello @Ricko ,

You can find the full HAL API documentation on the STMicroelectronics website. Navigate to the specific STM32 product page and look for the "Documentation" section. Here, you will find user manuals, programming guides, and reference manuals.

you can check this  Description of STM32F1 HAL and low-layer drivers :

Description of STM32F1 HAL and low-layer drivers - User manual

Br