cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for ksz8863 switch?

MOtto.2
Associate II

Hi, does ST have it's own driver implementation of the ksz8863 switch. If yes where can i download it. I like to have an link up/down feedback. Need to have connection to the internal register of that switch. For now i just use the lan8742 driver provided by ST.

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

KSZ8863 is a 3-port switch. The MCU is connected to the "internal" port of it which does not have transceivers. This is quite similar to a simple PHY like in the ST examples, with few differences.

• The internal port is always connected, always with same speed and duplex 100/FDX. So you don't need to track the connection state and speed
  • Especially, you don't rely on connect/disconnect events for DHCP and do not pass anything to the network software (LwIp or whatever).
  • Two external ports can connect and disconnect as usual, the switch manages them without your actions. You can check what is connected there if you want to.

The rest is as @Piranha​ answered.

MOtto.2
Associate II

Hi thank you for reply,

I have digged in the manual of that switch and found out that it's posible to set some interrupts upon link change of certain ports. Does ST makes it easy to read&write to that registers via RMII. I have that INTRN pin with no use right now might consider changing that.

Through RMII you can accesss 32 registers. Other registers require connection through other interface, I2C or SPI.