cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32U585 support USB Device Library for baremetal? Or is there only a library for ThreadX? If such - do ST plans implement a USB Device library (Middleware) for bare metal applications?

AMelk.1
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
Diane POMABIA
ST Employee

HI @Community member​ 

Yes, STM32U585 support UBS Device libray for Baremetal but not for all classes. For the moment the list of supported classes is not yet available. Can you give me your use case so that I can check if it is supported or not.

Regards

DianeP

Hello​ @Diane POMABIA​ 

Could you, please, help with it: provide some guide or instructions how to use it?

Because in Cube configuration in middlewares there is only USBX (based on threadx rtos) realization​

@Community member​ 

This is the link to access to baremetal example that we have delivered for STM32H7. You can adapt it for STM32U585:

x-cube-azrtos-h7/Projects/NUCLEO-H723ZG/Applications/USBX/Ux_Device_HID_Standalone at main · STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azrtos-h7 · GitHub

Regards

Diane

Hello Diane,

Are there examples for standalone CDC ACM?

Thank you,

Du

mpico
Associate II

I suggest to use tinyusb library. I tried it with STM32U585 and everything works fine

Du1
Senior

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try it out. I tried adapting the USBX from the example above, but it keeps crashing at:

dcd -> ux_slave_dcd_function(dcd, UX_DCD_TASKS_RUN, UX_NULL);

In ux_device_stack_tasks_run.c line 87 of version 6.1.10

Hi, I would also need a bare-metal CDC implementation for STM32U5. I would prefer to use something supported by ST than going with an unsupported open source library.

Thanks