cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between cellular/cloud/azure

NCatt.1
Associate III

Hello,

I see on ST website that there is multiple packages for cellular connection with a cloud. There is X-CUBE-CELLULAR, X-CUBE-CLOUD and X-CUBE-AZURE.

On X-CUBE-CLOUD page I can download X-CUBE-AZURE so I guess they are the same package, right ? But what is the difference with CELLULAR ? Is CELLULAR just a part of AZURE ?

Best regards,

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guillaume K
ST Employee

hello

X-CUBE-AZURE provides examples of cellular connection to Azure IoT cloud with only one cellular hardware (32L496G-Discovery with BG96 cellular modem).

There are other examples fo Azure IoT cloud connection but with different STM32s and connectivity interfaces (WiFI, ethernet)

X-CUBE-CELLULAR provides several examples of cellular hardware with basic network examples (TCP echo, Ping ...). Not Azure IoT cloud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Guillaume K
ST Employee

hello

X-CUBE-AZURE provides examples of cellular connection to Azure IoT cloud with only one cellular hardware (32L496G-Discovery with BG96 cellular modem).

There are other examples fo Azure IoT cloud connection but with different STM32s and connectivity interfaces (WiFI, ethernet)

X-CUBE-CELLULAR provides several examples of cellular hardware with basic network examples (TCP echo, Ping ...). Not Azure IoT cloud.

Hello Guillaume,

Does it mean that X-CUBE-CELLULAR is a part of X-CUBE-AZURE or something like that ?

My question is reported to another in X-Cube-Cellular topic : https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000pTElMSAW/xcubecellular-update

I am working with X-CUBE-AZURE example mentionned above. Will the X-CUBE-CELLULAR update have an effect on X-CUBE-AZURE ?

Best regards

Guillaume K
ST Employee

In X-CUBE-AZURE there is an old version of X-CUBE-CELLULAR only for 32L496G-Discovery with BG96 modem.

X-CUBE-AZURE requires some adaptation to use more recent versions of X-CUBE-CELLULAR. Currently there is no plan to do it soon.