cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data mismatch found at address 0x08001000 (byte = 0xFF instead of 0x0E) when connecting debugger

Lyap94
Associate III

I am programming a custom board using STM32L562. While trying to connect the debugger using STM32CubeIDE I get the following error:

Verifying ...

Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x08001000 (byte = 0xFF instead of 0x0E)

Error: Download verification failed

Encountered Error when opening C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.13.1\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_2.1.0.202305091550\tools\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe

Error in STM32CubeProgrammer

Shutting down...

Exit.

Besides, when I am trying to erase the memory with the programmer it is impossible.

Does anybody have any suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, I have the same problem with a custom-built stm32H503. I remember it was working normally before this year. After an update for cubeide or st-link firmware, the problem came. The problem can be temporarily bypassed by doing a full chip erase before programming. See https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/how-to-erase-flash-before-programming-with-stm32cubeide-solved/td-p/318572

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

This looks to my like erase flash. Di programming succeed?

Lyap94_0-1709289280195.png

It says file download complete. Then tries to read and finds the memory mismatch.

Give context, like:

- Commercial board or own construction?

- Did it work before?

- What options are set?

- Running in secure mode?

Hello, I have the same problem with a custom-built stm32H503. I remember it was working normally before this year. After an update for cubeide or st-link firmware, the problem came. The problem can be temporarily bypassed by doing a full chip erase before programming. See https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/how-to-erase-flash-before-programming-with-stm32cubeide-solved/td-p/318572

Check voltages / power. Where applicable check VCAP voltage / capacitors, typically 1.25V and 2U2 each on multiple pins, or 4U7 on single/combined pins.

Check perhaps also banking mode of FLASH, per OB

Use most current version of STM32 Cube Programmer for awareness of new parts. Older STLINK Utilities has been deprecated for many years.

Avoid Hubs and Docking Stations with ST-LINK/V2, use direct, high quality data cable.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Indeed this is solved by doing full chip erase before programming. In my case, full chip erase was not possible because of option bytes settings. When I allowed erasing the specific parts of memory it worked.