cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change FreeRTOS Queue item size

boxtor
Associate II

Stm32CubeIDE 1.14.0, STM32CubeMX 6.10.0, STM32CubeFW_U5 V1.4.0, X-CUBE-FREERTOS.1.1.0

This started with the Stm32CubeIDE 1.14.0 release and worked fine in 1.13.x.  It happens for new projects and migrated projects.  I'm using it with an STM32U5.

Go into the Task and Queues tab in FreeRTOS and add a Queue. Change the Item Size to uint32_t.  This needs to be different.  Click OK.  The item size is uint16_t (the default).  Edit it and it's uint16_t.  You can't change it in the UI.

I need to manually create a Queue to be able to set the item size.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @boxtor ,

The issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX 6.11.0.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @boxtor ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 169960 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @boxtor ,

The issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX 6.11.0.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

mccabehm
Associate III

Does the STM32CubeMX fix address the STM32CubeIDE problem also?

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @mccabehm ,

The issue of changing the Queue item size in FreeRTOS is fixed in STM32CubeMX 6.11.0 and STM32CubeIDE1.15.0 versions.

Thank you.

Kaouthar