cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in USB CDC code generator [Solved]

Cde M.1
Associate II

Hi, today I found an pretty unusual bug while doing some projects with the USB CDC, my code, out of the blue, showed hundreds of errors, after some diggins, me and a friend, found out that in the usbd_def.h, the TypeDef of "USBD_StatusTypeDef" was changed with an "q", I think it must have been some mistake while updating the libraries.

Anyway, just change the letter "q" in the line 209 to "USBD_StatusTypeDef" of the usbd_def.h folder and the errors should disappear.0693W00000aIs4WQAS.png0693W00000aIs5AQAS.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Cde M.1​ ,

Thank you for this clarification.

I made some tests using STM32CubeIDE.1.12.0 version and the STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.0 firmware version and I didn't find any issue.

The "USBD_StatusTypeDef" is well described in line 209.

So, I advise you to download and to use the last firmware version of STM32CubeF1.

Please let me know if the problem is solved.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Cde M.1​ and welcome to the community 😊,

Could you please provide more details on the issue:

• Which STM32 product you are using?
  • Which STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE versions are you using?
  • Which Cube firmware version are you using?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Cde M.1
Associate II

Hi @KDJEM.1​ , I am using the STM32F103C8Tx - LQFP48. (BluePill).

The STM32CubeIDE version is the 1.12.0 (But it was appearing in the 1.9, but I updated it and even reinstalled while trying to fix the error).

The firmware I am not 100% sure in wich version it was, but since I updated the CubeIDE and even reinstalled it (with the latest versions), I think it might be the latest.

If you need any more information, feel to free to ask, I will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Carlos E. de Mattia de Sousa

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Cde M.1​ ,

Thank you for this clarification.

I made some tests using STM32CubeIDE.1.12.0 version and the STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.0 firmware version and I didn't find any issue.

The "USBD_StatusTypeDef" is well described in line 209.

So, I advise you to download and to use the last firmware version of STM32CubeF1.

Please let me know if the problem is solved.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

Sanjaydr
Associate II

Hi, I am also facing same issue with STM32F070 Controller.

I have already posted the issue in the below link. (I have shared my project also).

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/getting-build-errors-in-usb-middleware-library-for-stm32f070/m-p/690133#M28388

FIrmware Version V1.11.5

Kindly help me to resolve this. 

I have already posted the issue in the below link. (I have shared my project also).

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/getting-build-errors-in-usb-middleware-library-for-stm32f070/m-p/690133#M28388

FIrmware Version V1.11.5

Sanjaydr
Associate II

Firmware Version V1.11.5