cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Server Demo Issues on B-U585I-IOT02A

mwh
Associate

I have been trying to run the IOT_HTTP_WebServer Demo on the B-U585I-IOT02A board, and the program seems to get stuck in an infinite loop. It will enter the app_entry() function and then reach the the line that contains if (webserver_wifi_connect() != WEBSERVER_OK), which then calls a bunch of other functions. It ends up in a function called noos_sem_wait() in the file mx_rtos_abs.c and it seems to loop infinitely. I am not sure how to debug this and any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STea
ST Employee

Hello @mwh ,

are you following the steps depicted in the Readme.MD file of this example?

note that:

As the application requires a preinstalled filesystem in the OctoSPI flash memory, the the bin image <code> Web_Content/web_demo.bin </code>, should be flashed using the following command:

<INSTALL_PATH>/STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd -w "Web_Content/web_demo.bin" 0x70000000 -v -el "<INSTALL_PATH>/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin/ExternalLoader/MX25LM51245G_STM32U585I-IOT02A.stldr"

please make sure you check all these steps:

### <b>Hardware and Software environment</b>

- To use the EMW3080B MXCHIP Wi-Fi module functionality, 2 software components are required:
   1. The module driver running on the STM32 device
   2. The module firmware running on the EMW3080B Wi-Fi module

- This application uses an updated version of the EMW3080B MXCHIP Wi-Fi module driver V2.3.4.

- The B-U585I-IOT02A Discovery board Revision C is delivered with the EMW3080B MXCHIP Wi-Fi module firmware V2.1.11;
   to upgrade your board with the required version V2.3.4, please visit [X-WIFI-EMW3080B](https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/x-wifi-emw3080b.html),
   using the `EMW3080update_B-U585I-IOT02A-RevC_V2.3.4_SPI.bin` file under the V2.3.4/SPI folder.

- Please note that module firmware version V2.1.11 is not backwards compatible with the driver V2.3.4 (the V2.1.11 module firmware is compatible with the driver versions from V2.1.11 to V2.1.13).
 - The module driver is available under [/Drivers/BSP/Components/mx_wifi](../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/mx_wifi/), and its version is indicated in the [Release_Notes.html](../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/mx_wifi/Release_Notes.html) file.

- Be aware that some STM32U5 SW packages (for examples X-CUBE-AZURE and X-CUBE-AWS) may continue to use older version of the EMW3080B MXCHIP module firmware;
   thanks to refer to the release notes of each SW package to know the recommended module firmware's version which can be retrieved from this page
   [X-WIFI-EMW3080B](https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/x-wifi-emw3080b.html).

- This application has been tested with B-U585I-IOT02A (MB1551-U585AI) boards Revision: RevC and can be easily tailored to any other supported device and development board.

- This application uses USART1 to display logs, the hyperterminal configuration is as follows:
      - BaudRate = 115200 baud
      - Word Length = 8 Bits
      - Stop Bit = 1
      - Parity = None
      - Flow control = None

###  <b>How to use it ?</b>

In order to make the program work, you must do the following :

- Load the binary file web_demo.bin located on Nx_WebServer\Web_Content on the octospi. (**see notes**)

- Open your preferred toolchain

- On <code> Core/Inc/mx_wifi_conf.h </code> , Edit your Wifi Settings (WIFI_SSID,WIFI_PASSWORD)  

- Rebuild all files and load your image into target memory

- Run the application

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STea
ST Employee

Hello @mwh ,

are you following the steps depicted in the Readme.MD file of this example?

note that:

As the application requires a preinstalled filesystem in the OctoSPI flash memory, the the bin image <code> Web_Content/web_demo.bin </code>, should be flashed using the following command:

<INSTALL_PATH>/STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd -w "Web_Content/web_demo.bin" 0x70000000 -v -el "<INSTALL_PATH>/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin/ExternalLoader/MX25LM51245G_STM32U585I-IOT02A.stldr"

please make sure you check all these steps:

### <b>Hardware and Software environment</b>

- To use the EMW3080B MXCHIP Wi-Fi module functionality, 2 software components are required:
   1. The module driver running on the STM32 device
   2. The module firmware running on the EMW3080B Wi-Fi module

- This application uses an updated version of the EMW3080B MXCHIP Wi-Fi module driver V2.3.4.

- The B-U585I-IOT02A Discovery board Revision C is delivered with the EMW3080B MXCHIP Wi-Fi module firmware V2.1.11;
   to upgrade your board with the required version V2.3.4, please visit [X-WIFI-EMW3080B](https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/x-wifi-emw3080b.html),
   using the `EMW3080update_B-U585I-IOT02A-RevC_V2.3.4_SPI.bin` file under the V2.3.4/SPI folder.

- Please note that module firmware version V2.1.11 is not backwards compatible with the driver V2.3.4 (the V2.1.11 module firmware is compatible with the driver versions from V2.1.11 to V2.1.13).
 - The module driver is available under [/Drivers/BSP/Components/mx_wifi](../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/mx_wifi/), and its version is indicated in the [Release_Notes.html](../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/mx_wifi/Release_Notes.html) file.

- Be aware that some STM32U5 SW packages (for examples X-CUBE-AZURE and X-CUBE-AWS) may continue to use older version of the EMW3080B MXCHIP module firmware;
   thanks to refer to the release notes of each SW package to know the recommended module firmware's version which can be retrieved from this page
   [X-WIFI-EMW3080B](https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/x-wifi-emw3080b.html).

- This application has been tested with B-U585I-IOT02A (MB1551-U585AI) boards Revision: RevC and can be easily tailored to any other supported device and development board.

- This application uses USART1 to display logs, the hyperterminal configuration is as follows:
      - BaudRate = 115200 baud
      - Word Length = 8 Bits
      - Stop Bit = 1
      - Parity = None
      - Flow control = None

###  <b>How to use it ?</b>

In order to make the program work, you must do the following :

- Load the binary file web_demo.bin located on Nx_WebServer\Web_Content on the octospi. (**see notes**)

- Open your preferred toolchain

- On <code> Core/Inc/mx_wifi_conf.h </code> , Edit your Wifi Settings (WIFI_SSID,WIFI_PASSWORD)  

- Rebuild all files and load your image into target memory

- Run the application

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.