cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the windows computer recognized the st-link v2 as universal serial bus instead virtual port

kevin1971
Associate II

Hi.

After firmware upgrade for st-link v2, windows computer recognized the st-link as universal serial bus instead of virtual com port. whenever i try to program to MCU, there is error like a "No target device found".

How can I solve it?

Below image is the device manager to be recognized as Universal serial bus. there is no PORT.

ST-Link V2.PNG

Thank advance.

BR

21 REPLIES 21

Ok, but the diode suggests that you expect the ST-LINK to power the 3.3V whereas the expectations for the buffers is that your target powers them. Check the voltage you see on pin 1/2 of the 20-pin header

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kevin1971
Associate II

Hi Tesla,

You mean that the target board should provide the power 3.3V to the st-link VDD pin 1/2 of the 20-pin header.

or,Is 3.07V little bit low voltage for flashing?

Thanks

Regards,

kevin1971
Associate II

Hi 

After measuring the voltage of 1/2 of 20-pin header with tester,  the value of voltage is 3.13V.

Thank you.

Regards,

kevin1971
Associate II

Hi,

MCU is STM32L072CZ.

Boot0 is to wired with GND. Now Voltage is 3.25V for VDD : 3.25V, SWDIO, SWCLK, nRST, RST.

Even if I tried to connect with My MCU Board which housed STM32L072CZ, it didn't connect with them.

Please help me.

thank you in advance.

Kevin

kevin1971
Associate II

Hi

Error message is as below if i used the stm32cubeprogrammer.

09:10:59 : UR connection mode is defined with the HWrst reset mode
09:10:59 : ST-LINK SN : 51FF6D066684504828451087
09:10:59 : ST-LINK FW : V2J42S7
09:10:59 : Board : --
09:10:59 : Voltage : 3.25V
09:10:59 : Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication

Thank you in advance

Kevin

kevin1971
Associate II

Hi

Below is image for ST-Link for nRST and SWCLK when i tried to connect with MCU using STM32Cubeprogrammer.

2 blue channel is nRST, 1 yello channel is SWCLK.

osc.PNG

Thank you.

Best Regards,

kevin1971
Associate II

Hi

Below is SWDIO, SWCLK waveform when I tried to connect with MCU using STM32CubeProgrammer.

osc-1.PNG

Thank you.

BR

Blue 2 channel and yellow 1 channel are little bit malfunction to measure the voltage.

Thank you.

BR

Is there some issue with the grounding here?

Your diagram here has GND and SWDIO switched. Is the wiring harness correct?

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-boards-and-hardware/the-windows-computer-recognized-the-st-link-v2-as-universal/m-p/601176/highlight/true#M15431

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Tesla,

In first picture, The oscillator is liitle bit malfunction to measure the voltage as you indicated.

However, second picture is good to measure swdio, and swclk waveform.

Thank you.

BR