cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWIN.box - Getting data without generating .dat files with the tfp-sns-datalog2 repository

janco_tianno
Associate

Hi everyone,

I have a STWIN.BOX (STEVAL-STWINBX1) and I have played around with the code examples in Python provided on the tfp-sns-datalog2 repository. The idea is to use this device to provide readings to a Raspberry Pi board and make some decisions based on the data.

I am not an expert in Python, but I coded a simple script to read the sensors using the repository, getting the hsdatalog_cli.py as an example, and using this data as input to the Raspberry Pi board.

The thing is, I can read the sensors only if I start logging (using the start_log method provided by the script hsdatalog_cli.py), and since the log has started, it will generate .dat files. So, every time I run the algorithm inside the Raspberry Pi, new .dat files are generated, and the file sizes depend on how long the board is running the algorithm.

I have tried to get data from the sensors without starting logging, but I have failed.

Is there any way of getting data from the sensors without generating the dat files?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @janco_tianno 

DATALOG2 example is intended to log data and create datasets. As on today, it works only by saving .dat files on a host (Raspberry or PC) or on an SD card so there is no way to visualize data without starting logging.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @janco_tianno 

DATALOG2 example is intended to log data and create datasets. As on today, it works only by saving .dat files on a host (Raspberry or PC) or on an SD card so there is no way to visualize data without starting logging.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.