cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L462RE How can I connect USART pins to ST-Link pins on STM32L462RE? What are ST-Link pins on this board? It isn't working, might this be the issue?

SPere.2
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul1
Lead
  1. You can connect ST_UartRx to MIPI14_pin13, and ST_UartTx to Mipi14_pin14. This will allow the COM port that shows up when STLink created to use the Uart as Diagnostics. Careful: If the Uart also goes to a tranceiver IC or connector, then need to use wired-OR to combine the rx sources, a pullup (2K~10K) on the ST Rx pin, and a diode with cathode towards each Rx source (only 0's pass diodes).
  2. You can also connect USB_DP and USB_DM to a USB-C or other USB connector for diagnostics using VCP, refer to my other posts for a schematic. I like the USB-C connector as much more available when travelling.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Paul1
Lead
  1. You can connect ST_UartRx to MIPI14_pin13, and ST_UartTx to Mipi14_pin14. This will allow the COM port that shows up when STLink created to use the Uart as Diagnostics. Careful: If the Uart also goes to a tranceiver IC or connector, then need to use wired-OR to combine the rx sources, a pullup (2K~10K) on the ST Rx pin, and a diode with cathode towards each Rx source (only 0's pass diodes).
  2. You can also connect USB_DP and USB_DM to a USB-C or other USB connector for diagnostics using VCP, refer to my other posts for a schematic. I like the USB-C connector as much more available when travelling.

Paul

SPere.2
Associate III

Thank you