cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L433CCT6 Datasheet DS11449 Rev 6 (page 21) - Concerning power up/power down phases in hardware design

STehA.1
Associate II

Hi, can someone refer to the above MCU reference. This is my first time using the STM32 MCU chip on my embedded system. My question regarding the power up/down phases concerning specifically on STM32L433CCT6 IC ... Is it a must and critical to use some kind of power sequencing/power management IC to perform the function ? My board consists just serial and CAN ports, relays, digital input circuits and few external memory ICs. - Any specific power management IC suitable for the job? - Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Except for the STM32MPx family, no other member needs power sequencing or a power management IC, so it can be connected directly to a supply voltage. In the simplest case, even a battery is sufficient for this, as long as its voltage does not exceed the maximum value of 3.6V.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Except for the STM32MPx family, no other member needs power sequencing or a power management IC, so it can be connected directly to a supply voltage. In the simplest case, even a battery is sufficient for this, as long as its voltage does not exceed the maximum value of 3.6V.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Piranha
Chief II

Read the AN4555 and also look at the schematics of ST boards.

Yes Peter, thank you for the clarification =)

Many thanks. I hope you are not really scary as your nickname. Thank you again.