cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-EVAL: Cannot find connector for their header pins

KMew
Senior III

Hello,

I admit that I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but I am using the STM32H7B3I-EVAL evaluation board and they have 0.05" pitch header pins for some of their connectors (CN5/CN6). I am trying to source a single position connector that can connect to their header pins (P/N: FTR-130-53-L-D-LC).

I am looking for something similar to the image below, but 1.27mm (or 0.05") pitch and female.

I want single-position so I can send various GPIO signals to different boards. Is anyone aware of a product that can do this?

0693W00000WHcblQAD.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KMew
Senior III

For anyone else who has encountered this issue, I found a solution via Digikey.

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/chip-quik-inc/dr127d254p10f/5978230

I plugged the female portion into the header pins on the evaluation board and then just used regular 2.54mm connector pins for the other side. Each pin is its own trace, so it doesn't interfere with each other.

It's by no means an elegant solution, but if you're in a pinch, it works!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Sure, there are a lot of them in the internet shops with male-female combinations, e.g. like this one:

0693W00000WHcsDQAT.jpgDoes it help?

Regards

/Peter

[image source: www.cytron.io]

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Peter,

Yes, something like this would work perfectly, I just need it to match the pitch of that connector (0.05" pitch). I've found 100's of ones like the picture you provided, but they're all 0.1" (or 2.54mm) pitch. Can you link a specific one by chance?

Oh, that's right, I hadn't read correctly and assumed 0.1", sorry.

No, I haven't seen such plugs in 0.05" yet, but maybe someone else in the community?

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KMew
Senior III

Bumping this.

Is anyone else aware of single-position pins like the picture above that are 0.05" pitch? I need to send those signals externally from the evaluation board and do not currently see another method to do so.

I do find it hard to believe that STM put a connector with no mating product... There must be something.

ST builds their daughter cards with the mating Samtec parts.

Perhaps you can fashion something with some 1.27mm pitch header board. Nothing on eBay or PCBWAY, etc is jumping out, market's a bit niche.

https://schmartboard.com/schmartboard-ez-so-4-56-pins-1-27mm-pitch-2-x-2-grid-202-0004-01/

As I've previously indicated the EVAL boards are not good break-out board designs, and they are very expensive compared to alternative approaches.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
KMew
Senior III

For anyone else who has encountered this issue, I found a solution via Digikey.

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/chip-quik-inc/dr127d254p10f/5978230

I plugged the female portion into the header pins on the evaluation board and then just used regular 2.54mm connector pins for the other side. Each pin is its own trace, so it doesn't interfere with each other.

It's by no means an elegant solution, but if you're in a pinch, it works!