cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO - inconsistency in Product overview > All features and physical board

SMJ
Associate II

I'm a newcomer to the STM32 and looking at the various DISCO boards for an audio application (simple test rig for analogue and SPDIF fault finding).

Looking at the STM32H747I-DISCO product description web pages and I see that the product overview 'All features'  paragraph states 'SPDIF RCA input and output'. Searching through the UM2411 pdf and looking at the board photographs, line and circuit drawings there seems to be no sign of a second RCA connector or SPDIF output, have I missed something?

If this is an error, is the less powerful STM32F769IDISCO the only board with SPDIF I/O?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @SMJ and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

For the STM32H747I-DISCO, we have a SPDIF input connector on the CN3 and  you can confugure the SAI as SPDIF output 

Screenshot_2024-01-16-18-49-06-11_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

for more details, you can take a look at the RM0399 specially the chapter 54 part 4.12.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SMJ
Associate II

Quite agree that it's possible to configure the SAI as an SPDIF output.

What I'm pointing out is that the information published on the manufacturer's website is contradictory - it states the DISCO board should have a RCA SPDIF output and it doesn't.

It makes it very difficult to arrive at an informed decision based on that type of inconsistency, I would have expected the product to be correctly described by the manufacturer, or am I being too naive.

Hello again,

You're right, I confirm this typo and I've escalated this to the appropriate team for correction of UM2411, DB3608 and the ST website description with internal ticket ID171004.

(PS: ID171004 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

thank you for your contribution.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SMJ
Associate II

Thanks for this, much appreciated.