cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0B1KET not "booting"

jgauthier
Senior

Hello,

I designed and assembled a simple circuit around the STM32G0B1KET and after connecting my ST-link it does not seem to "boot". My circuit looks like this:

0693W00000Lx6SIQAZ.png 

Additionally, there is a red LED through a 330Ohm resistor connected to 3.3v

I am powering from the stlink device for now, but the design has a voltage regulator. But I've only assembled these critical components to make sure it would work - and it doesn't.

I've followed the datasheet with regards to the loading capacitors:

0693W00000Lx6TLQAZ.png 

on this MCPU there aren't specific pins for VREF, VDDIO, or VBAT.

Did I miss something somewhere?

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

By "boot" you mean

a) cannot connect ST-LINK debugger on a virgin chip

b) after successful programming via ST-LINK, doesn't boot from flash

c) ???

hth

KnarfB

jgauthier
Senior

ST-link on a virgin chip does not detect the chip. The ST-Link utility claims it cannot connect to target.

ST-LINK Utility is OLD, might not support G0, use STM32 Cube Programmer.

For an authentic/classic ST-LINK/V2, make sure target voltage is supplied to pin 1 or 2 of the 20-pin header.

Connect a 1-4 MHz SWD clocking, the CM0(+) devices typically don't like high MHz rates.

If still not capable of detecting, check part orientation and power.

Check the state of the NRST line in nominal power condition.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

in addition: You have PA9 PA10 connected to UART. If you can connect it to a PC serial port, STM32CubeProgrammer may connet to the chip via UART (system memory boot loader) and you are able to change option bytes, prog. the chip etc..

hth

KnarfB

jgauthier
Senior

Thanks everyone. So, good news and bad news.

First, my problem wasn't with my circuit or assembly. A couple days ago my STLink V2 programmer died (the little usb ones), and I overnighted a new one. However, I could not get it to work either. Finally after fighting with it, I was able to upgrade it and program the processor! A secondary problem I was having is that Keil would not program the processor, so I thought it wasn't working. I instead, created the project with stm32CubeIDE, and successfully programmed.

I have an STLink V2 (ISOL) but I haven't used it and I can't tell which pins I should use yet.

@KnarfB​  I did not know that. I will absolutely try it though for the experience. Thanks!