cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I-DISCO1 PORTB_13 does not give a reaction during control

gevmar
Associate III

Hello everyone, I need help .I noticed a very interesting problem, which is this.
I use STM32F429I-DISCO1 when I activated I2S_2 in the master mode PORTB_13 pin = CLK , but in reality it was always = HIGH level , after that I deactivated I2S_2 and configured it as an output pin , speed= very_high . Also no reaction, when checked with a tester that pin again everything is fine, the pin is brought out , then I looked at the board schematic, it turns out that this pin is connected to the USB OTG as VBUS_FS, I also disabled the USB_OTG function, it didn’t help either. On the other hand, I think if it’s not possible to use this pin, why in CubeMX is this pin not disabled?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gevmar
Associate III

Thank you very very much, when I OTG_FS_PSO = PC4 pin configured as OUTPUT and HIGH level  , then the pin PORTB_13 started working normally. But I think in the future , somewhere about communications of these pins(PC4 and PORTB_13) , it is worth mentioning in some manual document . 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The main problem with PB13 is, that there's a relatively big capacitor, C53, connected to it.

You have to remove it (and of course you must not switch on the power switch).

JW

gevmar
Associate III

Thank you very much for your response, I removed the capacitor C53, configured PORTB_13 pin as an output,
in the main loop while(1) I do HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOB, GPIO_PIN_13); ,
the interesting thing is that when I set the pin speed = very High or low,
then the pin to not working(always is HIGH) when pin speed = Medium or High , then it starts to work but very crookedly, say ~1.5 mSec
does not work (the level is only HIGH), then ~0.2 mSec works, again ~2.1 mSec does not work,
then ~0.3 mSec works, again ~1.8 mSec does not works , ... . Maybe the
microcircuits(chips) U8(STMPS2141STR) or U7(EMIF02-USB03F2) or R65 give affects
the normal operation of this PIN_13. ?

Is it possible to somehow disable this part of the circuit?

How do you observe the pin, exactly?

If it's a logic analyzer, make sure its decision level is at around 3V/2=1.5V, and sampling frequency is up to the output frequency of the pin, or, try to run the mcu slower.

> Maybe the microcircuits(chips) U8(STMPS2141STR) or U7(EMIF02-USB03F2) or R65 give affects
the normal operation of this PIN_13. ?

They should not. R65 has a big enough value to not cause any significant effect; EMIF02-USB03F2 is just a protection diode array which won't interfere with a signal below 5V.

STMPS2141 is switched off as long as OTG_FS_PSO = PC4 is default/input (thanks to the pullup) and unconnected; or set as output and high.

JW

gevmar
Associate III

Thank you very very much, when I OTG_FS_PSO = PC4 pin configured as OUTPUT and HIGH level  , then the pin PORTB_13 started working normally. But I think in the future , somewhere about communications of these pins(PC4 and PORTB_13) , it is worth mentioning in some manual document .