cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407G High-Speed USB setup

Davit_Imnaishvili
Associate

Hello, I'm trying to find a tutorial for High-Speed USB communication on STM32F407G discovery board. I can't select anything on "External Phy" dropdown menu  and don't really know what it stands for. I haven't been able to find anything useful online. Could you recommend any setup tutorials or guide me through this? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 1.34.16 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

The 'F407 does not have a High-Speed USB transceiver on-chip; so if you want to use High-Speed USB, you have to use an external transceiver (colloquially known also as a PHY chip, for "physical connection"). This is connected to the 'F407 using the so called ULPI bus, read the Universal serial bus on-the-go high-speed (OTG_HS) chapter in Datasheet.

JW

TDK
Guru

Hover over the red text to understand why it's disabled. Probably the pins are being used by other peripherals.

The STM32F4DISCOVERY board does not have an external USB HS PHY chip and so you cannot use USB HS on this board without extensive modification.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I did some research and these modules popped up the most: DP83848 and USB3300. Would any of them be valid for my case?