cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE Debug STM32F4 with STLINK v3: Have to start debug 2 times

awiernie
Senior II

Since the most current and the previous version of STM32CubeIDE (or maybe related to a windows 10 update) I have to start the debug session 2 times. The first time the error below is produced. If I however start it a second time, everything works. The error occurs after a few seconds. Can I increase a timeout somewhere? Does anybody else have the same problem?

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:60000

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:60000: Connection timed out.

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:60000

Error message from debugger back end:

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

> Does anybody else have the same problem?

Don't have much to add other than it works okay here using STM32F429, STLINK-V3MINI, CubeIDE, GDB, Win10.

Might try lowering the frequency under debug configuration options.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
awiernie
Senior II

It happens if I activate "use RTOS proxy", which is needed to show code positions in all RTOS threads if the program is paused. It occurs with both, OpenOCD and GDB server.

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi @awiernie​ ,

Did you ever solve this one?

There was an issue with Eclipse/CDT in previous versions where the shutdown of debug sessions on Windows was not always clean. We up-stream a bug fix to Eclipse/CDT on this to fix this issue. I think that the bug fix is part of CubeIDE 1.10.x and later....

awiernie
Senior II

The issue is still present on CubeIDE 1.11.0 - Most of the time I have two start debug session 2times, because the first will time out most times.

awiernie
Senior II

The problem occured only in combination with rtos thread debugging. I can avoid this problem if I disable automake in the debugger settings.