cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK/V3 debugging problem with STM32 C series.

DalipSharma
Associate III

DalipSharma_1-1700674427724.png

We are providing power to our Customised Microcontroller (STM#@ C series) board from my power supply@3.3vwe are using STLINK-V3SET with MB1440 adapter, it is an extension board provided by ST.

We have connected 3 PINS GND, SWDIO(PA13), SWDCLK(PA14) from CN6(connector 6) of extension MB1440 board. to our microcontroller board.

Getting above error.

NOTE: Clock used is internal & pinout as follows:

DalipSharma_2-1700675659206.png

a) Is T_Vcc an i/p pin? Do we need to give input 3.3v from my microcontroller board to Debugger connector's CN6 T-VCC pin. When we checked no voltage is present on CN6 T_VCC pin.

(We are powering microcontroller board from external power supply, because 3.3v is not present on STLINK/V3 extension MB1440 board.

b) Do we need to connect NRST pin of CN6 extension MB1440 board to the Microcontroller board . We checked, its remaining high @3.3v on microcontroller board.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it should work now...  not...its getting more difficult:

- check swd+swc are connected (and not puzzled)

- connect nrst PF2 to st-link reset and set st-link mode: hardware reset.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AScha.3
Chief II

with stlink-V3 you have to connect VDD 3v3 from target to stlink. See : it shows 0,0V at target, refuses to work.

so connect the 3v3 !  (reset is not needed, if you use software reset, as you do. )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TDK
Guru

a) T_VCC is an input to the programmer. It doesn't need connected, but your target does need to be powered. Connecting it lets the programmer verify that power is present.

b) NRST does not need connected, but allows you to connect under reset and it allows the programmer to reset the chip.

DalipSharma
Associate III

Any idea if i can use RFU connector CN2 from STLINKV3-MB1441 board to power up my microcontroller. 3.3v is available on this connector.

IMG_0034.jpgIMG_0035.jpg

Thanks in Advance.

DalipSharma
Associate III

Or is there anyway to power target microcontroller from stlinkv3 debugger?

>is there anyway to power target microcontroller from stlinkv3 debugger?

no.

you wrote: (We are powering microcontroller board from external power supply, because 3.3v is not present on STLINK/V3 extension MB1440 board.

where is this supply now ??

DalipSharma
Associate III

DalipSharma_0-1700728862691.png

Still getting target not found. Any way to check my microcontroller is working fine.

On reset pin getting 3.14v.

Few GPIO's showing 0.2v

Few GPIO's showing 3.14v.

DalipSharma
Associate III

Powering from external supply: 3.3v Lithium cell

it should work now...  not...its getting more difficult:

- check swd+swc are connected (and not puzzled)

- connect nrst PF2 to st-link reset and set st-link mode: hardware reset.