cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link V2 can't connect on Windows 10 (Version 1809)

MGrze
Associate II

I installed the driver for the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009). The Installation was successful. Unfortunatelly the device can't connect to the USB port and is blinking red. I even can't find the driver in the Device Manager in Windows. The software tools from st can't also find any device. I've tried it on three computers, with the same result.

24 REPLIES 24

try stm32CubeProgrammer - this should work.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
xuraax
Associate II

I have stm32CubeIDE already installed. Can I use that to program my board with a .bin file? If yes. How?

to load just a bin -> stm32CubeProgrammer  is the tool to use.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
xuraax
Associate II

My problems with the dongle have now been resolved. In the hope that this may help somebody else this is what I did.

Since the dongle was working properly on a different computer I inserted a USB externally powered hub between the dongle and the computer. This fixed the issue for me so I think the problem was a signal level issue.

Also I did not need to install the Cube Programmer (thanks anyway AScha.3) to fix the STSW programmer issue. For some reason the zip file for STSW-LINK009 did not contain the setup.exe program when extracted. Only the drivers. Since I still had the old folder STSW-LINK004 I ran setup.exe from this folder and the STSW programmer got reinstalled again. When I checked the drivers via Device Manager, the system confirmed that I had the latest.

Thanks, your tip saved me