cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link V2 can't connect on Windows 10 (Version 1809)

MGrze
Associate II

I installed the driver for the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009). The Installation was successful. Unfortunatelly the device can't connect to the USB port and is blinking red. I even can't find the driver in the Device Manager in Windows. The software tools from st can't also find any device. I've tried it on three computers, with the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MGrze
Associate II

Hi, I've got today the second ST-Link/V2. It works as expected. The first device was broken, even though it was new!

Thanks for support!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
JBrin
Associate II

I am trying to connnect the MxChip IoT DevKit and one section of the getting started guide (https://microsoft.github.io/azure-iot-developer-kit/docs/get-started/) includes installing the ST-LINK V2 (STSW-LINK009). It looks like it installs correctly but when connecting my device no STMicroelectronics port appears per the getting started guide. I am also on Win10 and wonder if I have the same issue. I do not see the driver anywhere in Device Manager either. I have tried it on two computers.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Try to upgrade the ST-Link firmware through ST-Link Utility: go to ST-LINK>firmware update,  Then disconnect and connect your board.

Otherwhise, try with "STM32CubeProg" software for programming STM32 products

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stm32cubeprog.html

Please tell me if that solve the issue.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Please provide a download link for the ST-Link Utility. Also how will my computer detect the device in the Utility if the driver for the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009) is not working?

After installing the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009) should there be an entry in the device manager under USB Controllers for the STM Device? My computer did not have any entries after that install. See image below.

0690X000006DLUiQAO.png

MGrze
Associate II

Hi, by me ist the USB Driver also not visible. Therefore I think the Driver is not installed, even though the software confirms the driver Installation.

I still don't see my device in the "STM32CubeProg".

I'll get tomorrow a second device to check it..

MGrze
Associate II

Hi, I've got today the second ST-Link/V2. It works as expected. The first device was broken, even though it was new!

Thanks for support!

JBrin
Associate II

So your solution was related to faulty hardware. Is that correct? Does the USB driver now show up in the Device Manager with the new hardware?

MGrze
Associate II

Hi Jeff, the device Manager in Windows 10 shows now an additional point "USB-Devices" - "STM32 STLink". I didn't install any additional drivers. Just connected the new ST-Link/V2 and it works! The red led is lightening, not blinking. The old, broken device showed only blinking red light.

BareKnuckle
Associate

I'm writing just to inform everybody has that issue and check to find an answer in this topic. I solved that problem with replacing the micro-b cable with another one within 3 times try. It does not accept any cable to drive the debugger.