cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link V2 can't connect on Windows 10 (Version 1809)

MGrze
Associate II

I installed the driver for the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009). The Installation was successful. Unfortunatelly the device can't connect to the USB port and is blinking red. I even can't find the driver in the Device Manager in Windows. The software tools from st can't also find any device. I've tried it on three computers, with the same result.

24 REPLIES 24
RobertAtSt
Associate II

I have exactly the same problems.

So, I am going to buy a new nucleo board.

Can somebody give me advice where to buy it in Europe?

I there a company where I can test my boards? What is the responsibility of Stmicroelectronics?

Thanks.

you can buy here:

https://www.mouser.de/c/embedded-solutions/engineering-tools/embedded-processor-development-kits/development-boards-kits-arm/?q=nucleo

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks AScha.3

RobertAtSt
Associate II

I've purchased a second new Nucleo-G071RB board and this one also does not connect to my Windows PC: blinking red LED and no entry in the Device Manager. I've use several cable etc. etc.

I have purchased another board, the Nucleo-L476RG. After connect the cable, it worked as it should be.

Where can I find a guide or book that completely covers this underestimated subject?

I want to pay for the solution 🙂

Regards,

Robert Schuurmans.

Hello Robert,

i just can say: no solution, because all Nucleo or -dev board working as they should, from beginning on /first plug-in;

so if your nuc-g071 board is not recognized by the pc: try other cable / position to plug in / other pc .

if no reaction - board defect, return . if reaction, but "unknown..." or "defective.." , try other cable and plug.

just on some old windows systems you might need install st-link system driver .

if you start CubeProgrammer , you should see any st-link thats connected to pc . try this first.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
xuraax
Associate II

Hi,

My Stlink has been working successfully until yesterday but today when plugged in all I get is a flashing light. The device is not being detected at all. This computer is dual boot with Linux and Windows 10 and the result is the same when booting in either OS.

What is strange is that this dongle is detected properly on another computer having the the same Linux OS as the first one so the dongle cannot be faulty. The USB port on the first computer works fine with my printer so it is not that either. upgarding to stsw-link0009 had no effect either.

Any ideas please?

- try another cable and other socket

- on linux -> shell -> demsg  : what it tells about, when st-link plugged in ( demsg again )?

xuraax
Associate II

The dongle fits into the usb socket directly so there is no cable involved. I have tried other sockets on the same computer with the same result. I how now tried the dongle on yet another windows10 computer (no.3) and the dongle works.

Dmesg shows up the STLINK in the second computer but nothing on the first computer.

so from Dmesg shows nothing -> no enumeration at all -> no contact on dp+ line.

you have some extension cable usb male->female ? try this.

xuraax
Associate II

What I have done now is insert a USB hub in between and the computer is now recognising the dongle in the device manager.

However although the smsw-link0009 appears to be installing I am still unable to find the app which runs it.