cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link Upgrade jar Error on Mac

johnvs2525
Associate II

I downloaded the latest version STSW-LINK007 from the site and tried to run it on my Mac in terminal with command "java -jar STLinkUpgrade.jar". This resulted in the error:

```Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/john/Downloads/stsw-link007/AllPlatforms/native/mac_x64/libSTLinkUSBDriver.dylib: dlopen(/Users/john/Downloads/stsw-link007/AllPlatforms/native/mac_x64/libSTLinkUSBDriver.dylib, 0x0001): tried: '/Users/john/Downloads/stsw-link007/AllPlatforms/native/mac_x64/libSTLinkUSBDriver.dylib' (code signature in <A3BC44FE-AE87-30B1-AE6E-C369D35FCF2B> '/Users/john/Downloads/stsw-link007/AllPlatforms/native/mac_x64/libSTLinkUSBDriver.dylib' not valid for use in process: library load disallowed by system policy)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.load(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries$NativeLibraryImpl.open(NativeLibraries.java:388)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.loadLibrary(NativeLibraries.java:232)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.loadLibrary(NativeLibraries.java:174)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2389)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:755)
at java.base/java.lang.System.load(System.java:1953)
at com.st.stlinkinterface.e.a(SourceFile:131)
at com.st.stlinkupgrade.app.b.a(SourceFile:63)
at com.st.stlinkupgrade.app.MainApp.main(SourceFile:16)```

The important part being "libSTLinkUSBDriver.dylib' not valid for use in process: library load disallowed by system policy".

Is this a jar signature problem? If so, when will it be fixed?

FWIW, I have already resorted to using a Windows VM to actually upgrade my ST-Link. (So you don't need to recommend that I do that.)

0 REPLIES 0