cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for STM32 Blue Pill Drivers on Windows 10 64-bit for STM32CubeProg

Rajupatel
Associate

Dear STMicroelectronics Support,

I am writing to express my urgent need for the necessary drivers to use my STM32 Blue Pill development board with STM32CubeProg on a Windows 10 64-bit system. I have been unable to find or install the correct drivers despite extensive searching and troubleshooting.

This delay is significantly hindering my project progress and causing considerable frustration. I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter.

I have attached for your reference. Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gbm
Lead III

There is no driver. STM32F103 does not support USB boot, so you need either the debug interface (like ST-Link) to program the STM32F103 using SWD or some USB-UART module to use bootloader via PA9, PA10 pins.

My STM32 stuff on github - compact USB device stack and more: https://github.com/gbm-ii/gbmUSBdevice

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Doesn't sound like a driver issue, more like an electrical one.

Use a different cable, make sure it's a data rated cable, not a charging one, and that you have an authentic ST part on the board.

>>This delay is significantly hindering my project progress and causing considerable frustration. I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter.

This really isn't how the world works, plus you're going into the weekend in the EU already. Perhaps consider using authentic ST NUCLEO boards with ST-LINK on-board?

Microsoft should be able to pull drivers from WHQL when prompted to update unknown drivers.

The drivers already furnished on ST's site already cover 32 and 64-bit Windows, your system isn't going to be especially different from everyone else's, nor require magic Blue-Pill drivers.

Make sure BOOT0 is HIGH for the STM32 ROM System Loader to start when plugged in.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AScha.3
Chief II

So you want boot from direct USB connection on Blue Pill , with F103 cpu ?

AScha3_1-1727467370197.png

I see small problem here: F103C8 or CB has no USB boot built in. 

see AN2606:

AScha3_0-1727467078481.png

-> can boot from usart1 connection - thats it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Karl Yamashita
Lead III

Well you're connected to the USB pins of the STM32F103, but without any firmware that initializes those pins as some sort of USB device, it's not going to enumerate.

If you're developing FW and debugging/programming, you'll need an external programmer/debugger like an ST-Link V2 (or even the cheap Chinese knock off), and program through the SWD pins opposite of the USB connector of the Blue Pill.

A better approach is to use a Nucleo-G431KB or a Nucleo-L432KC, or similar. Both which have a ST-Link V2 built in plus you get a VCP so you can communicate by UART without any extra USB<>Serial dongle.

If smoke escapes your device, put the smoke back in. It'll still work as a conversation piece. If you find my answers useful, click the Accept as Solution button so that way others can see the solution.
gbm
Lead III

There is no driver. STM32F103 does not support USB boot, so you need either the debug interface (like ST-Link) to program the STM32F103 using SWD or some USB-UART module to use bootloader via PA9, PA10 pins.

My STM32 stuff on github - compact USB device stack and more: https://github.com/gbm-ii/gbmUSBdevice