cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QFN48 to LQFP48 adapter thought

gregstm
Senior III

I'm waiting for a STM32L4 LQFP48 micro that also includes a DFSDM to become available, it's not urgent and I've got plenty of other things to do. But I have noticed there are a lot of QFN48 parts available. Maybe ST could make an adapter as described on this German web site ( https://www.kuttig.de/news/elektronikfertigung/qfn-adapter-die-letzte-rettung.html ) . The adapter they made converts different pitches, so it would be easier for the STM packages which have the same pitch. If by some miracle ST thought this was a worthy idea, I would suggest the adapter is largely blank on the bottom layer - one of the things I like about the LQFP packages is that I can sneak some power traces under the micro. 0693W00000Y7fIVQAZ.jpg

1 REPLY 1
S.Ma
Principal

The topic here is package adapter, and isn't STM32 specific. Sometime there is adapter to DIP format that can be found on internet. May sockets with common footprint if the pcb area allows it. If someone did it, does it mean the recipient final pcb could have been redesigned to allow both packages?

Here the package sizes are nearly the same, the pad resist opening aperture may cause soldering yield issues, even in small quantities. Have you checked alibaba type websites?