cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program S25FL064L trough STM32F446 by STM32CubeProgrammer

IlConte
Associate III

Dear, I have a STM32F446 connect trough QSPI the S25FL064L .

I ask if there is the possibility using STLINK and STM32CubeProgrammer to program the S25FL064L .

Tell me if there are other solutions to program the external memory trought the STM32F446 by a external programmer .

Thanks

0693W00000Y7gecQAB.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

OpenOCD comes with stmqspi driver for QSPI- and OctoSPI-interfaces, this one works for F4 parts, too. The package includes sample config for this board: http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f412gdiscovery.html, which uses N25Q128A flash. Its command set is rather similar to S25FL064L (in particular, both support QPI mode). For entering QPI mode and switching flash from 3-byte address to 4-byte address see e.g. stm32f769i-disco.cfg (which comes with OpenOCD). There a MX25L51245G is used, but still similar enough.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Good day, you can upload a dump to an external QSPI flash by building your own bootloader file. To do this, you need the functions of writing, reading, erasing a section, completely erasing a flash. To understand how to do this, you can see the materials from ST.

External QSPI loader how to - STMicroelectronics

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Segger J-Flash is a wonderful tool for programming QSPI flash.

Their recent version only needs to know the QSPI pins of the MCU (in case there are several variants). Then it will detect the flash chip automatically, even a new one for which no other "external loaders" exist yet.

Thanks, but in the vendor list i don't find the S25FL064L memory

Parts which are 128Mbit (16MB) are 24-bit / 3-byte addressing, tend to be relatively similar, especially in 1-bit modes. Perhaps there is a generic option, or JEDEC one.

Complications tend to occur when you start enabling pins or quad modes.

I think the part you have might look sufficiently like a Winbond or Macronix part to be programmed.

Unfortunately I've not built loaders for the F4 families as QSPI was added relatively late in the game, and it's not a platform that caches.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

OpenOCD comes with stmqspi driver for QSPI- and OctoSPI-interfaces, this one works for F4 parts, too. The package includes sample config for this board: http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f412gdiscovery.html, which uses N25Q128A flash. Its command set is rather similar to S25FL064L (in particular, both support QPI mode). For entering QPI mode and switching flash from 3-byte address to 4-byte address see e.g. stm32f769i-disco.cfg (which comes with OpenOCD). There a MX25L51245G is used, but still similar enough.