cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug in STM32CubeIDE - USART3 disabled when closing ioc file

algernon77
Associate II

Hello,

I think there's a bug in CubeIDE when working with a Nucleo-H563ZI. Steps to reproduce it:

- create new project, clear pinouts

- enable USART3 in async mode, PB10 and PC4 pins are assigned (why not PD8 and PD9? don't understand)

- ctrl+click on PB10 and PC4 and move them to PD8 and PD9 (to get console output to ST-LINK vcp)

- auto configure clock, save and let IDE generate code

- close IOC file and open it again, USART3 is disabled and no pins are assigned

As a bonus, same thing happens when assigning PC13 (blue btn) as a GPIO_EXTI (or GPIO_Input, etc.), it vanishes when closing IOC file.

When choosing a "normal" pin, all is good.

It is very annoying - maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @algernon77 

This Problem has been solved on the new release of CubeMX (STM32CubeMX V6.11.0).

Thank you for reporting. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @algernon77 

Thank you for reporting this. I confirm the issue and I will escalate it to the concerned team for correction.

internal Tickets 175166 and 175261 are created for the tracking of this bugs.

(PS: Tickets 175166 and 175261 are internal tracking numbers, not accessible by customers and usable for internal tracking).

Thanks again for reporting.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @algernon77 

This Problem has been solved on the new release of CubeMX (STM32CubeMX V6.11.0).

Thank you for reporting. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32