cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-H743ZI2 cannot use DCMI and LTDC at the same time

Jiaming
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to use DCMI to connect the camera and display the video on LCD by LTDC. But it seems to me STM32CubeIDE does not allow me to active both DCMI and LTDC at the same time, because PA6 pin conflicts. And it seems the PA6 cannot be mapped to any other pin under DCMI and LTDC on the board Nucleo-H743ZI2. Does anyone have the same experience? How to use DCMI and LTDC at the same time? If the ST new released board does not have this conflict issue? thx.

屏幕截图 2024-06-30 114237.png

图片1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes this is good example MX isnt flexible and require force unlock settings. Now simple way is generate code with LTDC only store msp and mx init parts in user code, then disable ltdc and enable DCMI and or do same...

@GaetanGodart and next ST Boys and girls

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

from ds , pins :

AScha3_0-1719731297893.png

If no remap for LCD_G2 possible - you cannot use both here.

For example : remap on PH13 or PJ9 - but need case with more pins, that has PH or PJ port. (LQFP176 or 208 )

To see in Cube, what remap possible, activate the module (LCD here), hold CTRL on keybord and click on the pin , you want tp remap: then all possible pins flashing. (If nothing flashes - no remap possible on this case.)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MM..1
Chief II

Simply remove G2 from LTDC and use in DCMI. This convert RGB565 to RGB555 ... for real use more pin package on your pcb or nucleo if exist...

The CubeMX does not allow me to just remove G2 from LTDC. I first select RGB565, then PA6 (LTDC_G2) is set up.

屏幕截图 2024-06-30 170647.png

Then I reset PA6, but the whole LTDC will be disabled. Shall I manually remove G2 in the code? Thx.

屏幕截图 2024-06-30 170957.png

Yes this is good example MX isnt flexible and require force unlock settings. Now simple way is generate code with LTDC only store msp and mx init parts in user code, then disable ltdc and enable DCMI and or do same...

@GaetanGodart and next ST Boys and girls

Thank you for your introduction, seems this is the only way.

Hi,

just another way to try it with Cube:

make new project, but set H743II (176pin LQFP ); set same clock tree and other things as on H743ZI ;

now set on LTDC the G2 to PH13 ; then set DCMI ...

now  LTDC and DCMI active, here flashed on H743ZI ; now PH13 is used (going to nirwana...):

AScha3_0-1719816771643.png

Try...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".