cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F072RB USB

bwissel
Associate II

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the USB peripheral recognized by the PC device manager.  In Cube I have the USB FS device checked, and the USB_DEVICE middleware set to virtual COM port.  Everything else is set to default.

The USB clock is set to 48MHz coming from the HSI48 source.

When the peripheral is connected to a PC (through a HUB) the device manager refreshes but the VCOM port does not show.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

16 REPLIES 16

No problem - the 8MHz clk coming from the st-link onboard Nucleo-F072RB :

AScha3_0-1713282780575.png

So it will run with HSE (8MHz) setting, set it to bypass:

AScha3_1-1713283036562.png

+

>I had the data pins swapped.

So it couldn't work. 🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks for the help.

As far as my USB connections I have a Type A Male cable with flying leads that I have connected to...

bwissel_0-1713289181852.png

D- (WHT) ; PA11 ; CN10.14

D+ (GRN) ; PA12 ; CN10.12

GND (BLK) ; CN6.6

I do not have USB 5V0 connected since that is coming from STLink.

I also confirmed that the HSE 8MHz clock was set to bypass and SB50 is installed.

>with flying leads

I hope, no long leads ... 20mm or so is maximum, outside the screen; same for gnd/screen - short to gnd.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The leads are only ~10mm outside the shield now.  I shortened them but I still get the same Device Descriptor error.  The leads are soldered directly to the header pins.

I have also tried to use HSI48 input to USB along with CRS SYNC enabled without success.

Do we have any other thoughts?  I did order a crystal to try, I have tried just about every clock combination I can in Cube.

is it possible the ST link is messing with Windows?

I tried a bunch of Windows things like uninstalling the device drivers, adding legacy hardware drivers, etc.

If I go through the debugger, during USB initialization the program pointer never falls into an error case.

Thanks.

Have you tried another USB cable? Are you going directly to USB port on computer or going through a USB Hub?

Maybe try using a USB-DIP adapter? 

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Yes, tried multiple USB cables with each configuration including omitting the HUB in each case.