Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-144 F722ZE, no blink no Serial.print() output

drM
Visitor

Hi,

I have a Nucleo-144 F722ZE

I am attempting to program it with the arduino 2.3.2 ide.

And so far,  no blink, no digitalWrite() and no Serial.println()

Details are listed below.

Thank you in advance.   I am sure it is trivial, and apologize for having to ask.  I have not found any document that helps me solve the problem.

For setup, I followed the instructions here,

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-program-and-debug-the-stm32-using-the-arduino-ide/ta-p/608514

Here is the blink code.   This does blink anything and does not produce any output on the Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE

void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while( !Serial);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  Serial.println("here i am");
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);  // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                      // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);   // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
}

Then I tried, setting a specific pin by number, hoping to see it on an oscilloscope.   Again, no result

void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(PD_13, OUTPUT);
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while( !Serial);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  Serial.println("here i am");
  digitalWrite(PD_13, HIGH);  // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  digitalWrite(PD_13, LOW);  // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
}

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @drM and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

If you are looking for support on the STM32Duino, you have to use our STM32Duino forum available here:

https://www.stm32duino.com/

As a first suggestion from me, i think you may should start from one of the available examples on the Arduino after installing the STM32Duino for sure.

Best Regards

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Note that the instructions I was following came from an ST employee on community.st.com

So this seems like the right place at least for that.

Yes this tutorial should be working just fine. We provide Some tutorials here in the community. But for dedicated support on STM32Duino, we have our forum dedicated for that. I've personally worked before on the STM32Duino on some projects and it works fine.

By the way, for our dear @Andrew Neil the STM32Duino is an official ST project. It was made to give another options for our users to program the STM32.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.