cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No STM32 target found - STM32L486 sanity check

CraigORV
Associate II

I've recently put together a new design and ST-Link doesn't seem to detect the STM32L486 on the board using the STM32CubeProgrammer

The part used is the 144 LQFP version, but I've double checked the pins and connections for the SWD port. I'm supplying the microcontroller with 3.3V, but powered up is sitting at 3.2V strangely. Strangely I'm noticing some shorts from other pins to the 3v3 rail from some GPIO pins (PA2, PF2, PF11) and I'm not sure if this is normal when the device is unpowered.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem here? Schematic below

0693W00000DnEq6QAF.png0693W00000DnEpTQAV.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> Strangely I'm noticing some shorts from other pins to the 3v3 rail from some GPIO pins (PA2, PF2, PF11) and I'm not sure if this is normal when the device is unpowered.

No, this is not normal and indicates a hardware issue.

It sounds like the part orientation is off by 180 degrees.

Pin 1 is on the bottom-left when the text is read from left to right.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> Strangely I'm noticing some shorts from other pins to the 3v3 rail from some GPIO pins (PA2, PF2, PF11) and I'm not sure if this is normal when the device is unpowered.

No, this is not normal and indicates a hardware issue.

It sounds like the part orientation is off by 180 degrees.

Pin 1 is on the bottom-left when the text is read from left to right.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
CraigORV
Associate II

Thanks, silly mistake, but that was it. For some reason I hadn't realised there was an additional witness mark on the chip, which is a little confusing since it's similar to the pin1 marking!