cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help from st-community for procedure for enabling external parallel nor flash

mbed_engr
Associate II

Dear ST employee,

I came across the guide "How to implement and use your own external flash loader: An example using STM32U5A9J-DK" by ST's admin Laurids_PETERSEN.

How to implement and use your own external flash loader - STMicroelectronics Community

I have a custom board with an STM32H753BIT6 MCU and a 1Gbit parallel NOR flash (MT28EW01GABA). In the QSPI flash example, files like mx25um51245g.h and mx25um51245g.c are used. Where can I get similar files for my NOR flash(MT28EW01GABA.h and MT28EW01GABA.c)? Should I follow all the steps in the guide for my flash? Additionally, how do I implement this in TouchGFX?

Could someone please guide me on the right path?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mbed_Engr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a course of action one of the first steps should be to create a viable BSP for reading and writing that you can exercise and test from application space.

Once you have that working and debugged merge that into the framework/shell of the external loader model. You can use LEDs and UARTs on your board to signal and report conditions internally as you can't run the loader in a debugger directly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

hi pavel,

As you referred the github, i seen there given only for spi-flash memories, I have doubt how to do for parallel nor flash.
I checked there, i didn't find any stldr file for my external flash-MT28EW01GABA.,but found 16MB parallel flash E-WARM file. so, if i need to follow for doing own loader, shall i generate stldr file from existing example which is given for 16MB micron parallel flash in github https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader. so, can i directly edit the project and use it. right?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi mbed_engr!  This parallel flash likely is connected via FMC, then the driver needs to configure a FMC window.

What I meant - the same person that maintains that github repo could help you with the loader.

As a course of action one of the first steps should be to create a viable BSP for reading and writing that you can exercise and test from application space.

Once you have that working and debugged merge that into the framework/shell of the external loader model. You can use LEDs and UARTs on your board to signal and report conditions internally as you can't run the loader in a debugger directly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..