cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to connect to a custom PCB made using an STM32L552ZET6Q using SWD and Cube Programmer, but I keep getting the "No STM32 target found!" error.

ESpra.1
Senior

I've gone over the hardware with a multimeter and all the pins have the right continuity, I've checked the design against the Nucleo-144 L552ZET6Q schematic and it checks out so far, and I've also checked the connections to the ST-LINK/V3 pins I'm using.

I haven't been able to program the MCU once yet via SWD or USB (I'm mostly sticking with SWD for now).

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, I'd appreciate any help I can get. If any additional information is needed from me, I'll do my best to provide

21 REPLIES 21

V15SMPS would expect 1V3 for RANGE2

The SWD 10-pin header looks correctly orientated

Stand-alone ST-LINK/V3 ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yeah, a ST-LINK/V3SET.

I did find one more difference. For the 32.768kHz crystal oscillator, I used a VMK3-9005-32K7680000 with 15pF caps. The NUCLEO uses a NX2012SA 32.768KHz with 3.9pF caps. I doubt that's the problem, but I'm running out of ideas

UPDATE: It's working! Looks like something was wrong with the chip itself (maybe ESD or other such damage). Put together a new board for comparison, and it worked wonderfully!

Thanks for all the help in figuring this out!