cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have bought new stm32l562E-DK board recently, I have written embedded rust code to blink an led. the compilation is proper binary file generated. When I Flash it is showing this error. Please help me out.

bsara.1
Associate II

sarathk@sarath:~/Desktop/project/open_s_projects/rust_projects/stm32l/led_blink$ probe-run target/thumbv7em-none-eabihf/debug/led_blink --chip stm32l562qeixq

Error: Error while flashing

Caused by:

0: Something during the interaction with the core went wrong

1: An error with the usage of the probe occured

2: Operation timed out

13 REPLIES 13
Bob S
Principal

Need more information. See if there is a debugger/programmer log file that shows all the actions and responses. Or see if there is a command option to generate such a log file. Then post that here.

bsara.1
Associate II

0693W00000NpnOpQAJ.png0693W00000NpnOVQAZ.png 

I am loading the blinking program.

The ST-LINK Utilities have been deprecated for several years, use the STM32 Cube Programmer tool, it should be new enough to support L5 parts

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @bsara.1​ ,

Try to do an ST-Link update (Help -> ST-LINK Upgrade) then check if it resolves the issue.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you, I also tried with with stm32 Cube programmer tool. The same error I am getting. Is it a hard ware issue?

0693W00000NprHTQAZ.pngThank you, the picture shows the default connects on my board. I have tried by upgrading the ST-LINK firmware update. I got same Error. Is it a hardware issue?

Possibly

Use High Quality USB Cables

Try different cables, different ports, different computers, see if the issue follows.

Avoid Hubs

DELL ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Bob S
Principal

Did you try enabling "connect under reset" as suggested in the 2nd image you posted?

Is this the first time you've tried programming this board? Or were you able to load a program before and now it fails?

Did the board run with the pre-installed demo firmware? (I'm not familiar with this exact board, but they usually come with some kind of demo installed on them).

bsara.1
Associate II

?