cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I create a PCB with stm32F411 and i obtain: "Can not connect to target" with st-LINK Utility

bvale.2
Associate II

Hello,

For a project, I created a PCB with an STM32F411 using a 10pin JTAG port for SWD programming.0693W00000HoWkxQAF.pngI tried to connect my card using the ST LINK V2 box and the ST Link utility software but I get the following error:

0693W00000HoWeWQAV.pngThe st link works because I can program another card using a stm32F042. I tried all the connection parameters and to play with the BOOT0 pin status but nothing works.

Can anyone help me to program my card?

16 REPLIES 16

So F4 in the circuit is non functional, focus on that and wiring to it.

Check part orientation.

Check voltage seen on VCAP pins, and placed caps.

Check VDDA

Check NRST​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
bvale.2
Associate II

I have already checked all this but it does not change anything. And I try with a second board and I have the same result.

TDK
Guru

Well check again, because something is wrong and most likely it's a hardware issue. How is the board powered?

The pinout you showed is correct.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
bvale.2
Associate II

I just rechecked I don't see any problem on the welds or anything else on the material.

My board is powered with stabilized power supply on 5V and on the board I have a converter on 3.3V.

Does the ST-LINK see a voltage? VTarget

What voltage do you see on VCAP?

Can you take a picture of the IC on the PCB? Points for clear, sharp and in focus.

>>The pinout you showed is correct.

For a debug header, but the chip needs to be functional to be responsive.Right now seems dead in the water unless any other signs of life can be determined.

The other secondary method is to probe one of the System Loader's UARTs responds to the 0x7F data pattern at 9600 8E1, in the BOOT0=HIGH cases.

Focus on causal reasons why chip is dead in the water...

bvale.2
Associate II

I just rechecked I don't see any problem on the welds or anything else on the material.

My board is powered with stabilized power supply on 5V and on the board I have a converter on 3.3V.

Ok, but you're just repeating what you said 3 hours earlier.

We have zero visibility into this, assume your design is flawed. Have someone you work with do a walk thru of the design and data sheets with you.

Review the pin assignments, and net list.

TDK
Guru

Debugging remotely is a two way street. Tesla is asking you questions which will help find the problem, but if you ignore them we never get the ball rolling.

Does STM32CubeProgrammer work?

Posting the entire schematic instead of just the debug port pinout would also help. The pinout you show is correct but that doesn't mean the rest of the design is correct, or that those signals are connected to the correct pins on the chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".