cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can download and run STM32 ST-LINK Utility on Windows 10 but my college cant do it on Windows 11 ? Is it possible?

LKarv.1
Associate II

11 REPLIES 11
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @LKarv.1​, to the community!

since a while ST-LINK Utility (STSW-LINK004) is not recommended for new design (NRND) anymore and also not tested under Windows 11. We strongly recommend to use STM32CubeProgr instead, which also runs an all important platforms.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

On my Win11 x64 laptop the ST-LINK utility runs just fine.

No any runtime DLL issues.

Haven't tried on ARM yet.

It's not clear what the "can't do it" part describes.

With older software there is often a need to marshal all the correct Microsoft Redistributable packages, usually seen via pop-ups or 0xC0000135 (STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND) type errors.

In trouble-shooting issues over at the uBlox forum I found this collection, and this saved fishing specific ones off the Microsoft site, and multiple attempts to find the right one in cascading dependency failure cases.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Just install a single universal package, which combines all versions since Visual Studio 2015. ST-LINK Utility is 32-bit application, therefore it needs x86 version.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist

LKarv.1
Associate II

Ok, typical error

0693W00000LzQkaQAF.png

> Ok, typical error

This is on clean Windows 11?

Install the VC Redistributables, should have the MFC DLLs

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LKarv.1
Associate II

My college run a version V4.5.0 of ST_LINK.. and now it works.

Yes, it was a clean version of Windows

Thanks

Lars

Piranha
Chief II

Using an older version of the software only because of a complete inability to see the correct answers in the topic...