cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install ST-LINK utility windows 10? (Stuck when click on finish)

AJagt.2
Associate

Hello Team,

I have to erase and program bin/hex file using ST-LINK Utility. I have ST-LINK V2 Programmer

I tried to install ST-LINK Utility on my computer, my package installer get stuck at last when I clicked on finish.

Package installation remains as it is on start bar until reboot.

After reboot I connect the target using ST-LINK V2 Programmer its get connected and able to read hex file.

I tried to erase the controller but getting following error

Then I checked in about info I get following info

I am able to connect with target but not able to perform any action. Please rectify the issue & suggest best way to program controller using GUI.

Installation package: en.stsw-link009.zip

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

> but getting following error

I don't see an error in your post.

You could also try STM32CubeProgrammer which does the same job but is better supported.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AJagt.2​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community =)

I recommend you to follow this UM0892 User manual STM32 ST-LINK utility software description, in the "Getting started" section which describes the requirements and the procedures to install the STM32 ST-LINK utility software. 

If your problem is not resolved, I advice you to download and use the STM32CubeProgrammer software tool for STM32 programming.

Hope this helps you.

When your problem is resolved, please close this thread by marking the Best answer.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

>> I tried to erase the controller but getting following error

>> Then I checked in about info I get following info

It seems that your images are not inserted in the post.

You should click on [Image] icon (as you see below), then upload the image.

0693W000005ANl0QAG.png 

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Make sure you have Admin rights.

Make sure there aren't any policy settings precluding the use of USB MSC devices.

Check that AV Software isn't interfering with application/driver installation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is the about info ST-LINK utility

0693W000005APGEQA4.pngBelow is the error message when I tying to erase the program0693W000005APG9QAO.png