cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I activate plastic SIM on P-L496G-CELL02?

harald
Associate III

Hy, we struggle to get P-L496G-CELL02 up and running. We created a Cube IDE Software project and are able to send AT commands to BG96. Now we entered a plastic SIM from 1nce and try to connect. Unfortunately we can not select plastic SIM. There is a bus switch (U6) on BG96 board and we net to set signal Sim_select0 to "0".

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjwgXQAQ.pngSim_select0 is available on pin 18 of the 20 pin connector from BG96 board to STM32 board

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjwemQAA.png 

But on the STM32 board, Pin 20 and Pin 18 are connected.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjwinQAA.pngSo whenever BG96 asserts the "Status" signal (which it does right after boot), embedded SIM is selected.

Why is Pin 18 and Pin 20 connected on STM32 board? What do I need to do to select plastic SIM?

Regards

Harald

3 REPLIES 3
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

You have to cut pin 20 to use the plastic SIM and reroute the STAS it to a free pin if you absolutly need to monitor that signal.

Additionally, I have been told the firmware X-CUBE-CELLULAR software package does not use STAS signal coming from the modem, so it seems to be optional.

harald
Associate III

> You have to cut pin 20 to use the plastic SIM

This is what we did in the mean time. But it doesn't make any sense, does it? Why would you double-use this essential pin? Is this just a design flaw?

>X-CUBE-CELLULAR

I do not quite figure out the correct usage of packages for my eval board. Might it be, that all available software packages are a bit outdated (i.e. SLA0044 Rev5/February 2018) or not for this eval board (i.e. B-L462E-CELL1 instead of P-L496G-CELL02). I want to connect my embedded device to aws and I expected that to be an easy task using the P-L496G-CELL02. But I was wrong. I ended up implementing it all from scratch using freertos sources. This was a bit of a help, but still way too much work.

Is there any current activities on ST side? Any easy way to go to connect P-L496G-CELL02 to aws?

Regards

Harald

Hello, did you finally solve it? I struggle to get P-L496G-CELL02 up and running with a plastic SIM, too.