cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate code button not doing anything

Dany0
Visitor

Hi! all

I may not be at the right place but since I can't even start on the CubeMx, here it is.

I'm a long time user of Microchip PIC product but since this is my first attempt to use the STM32 I suspect I will have some big time to understand all it's new setup. After looking several video on simple program, I downloaded the CubeMx 6.12.0 and I try those. But as soon as I try to push the blue "generate code" button at top far right, nothing happen. Same thing with the icon on top center "myST" login, nothing happen. I'd like to be able to use the STM32 board for larger and more memory space, so if someone  can help me on this one so I can move on to the programming section, that will be great.

I have the Nucleo-144 F429ZIT and STM32F4VE, and several smaller boards but never use them so far.

My goal is to talk to the STM32F4VE to "full test " the internal W25Q flash memory.

I also have the "St-Link V2" for those who don't have the link.

P.S. The board is not yet connected, is this a problem ?

I'm on Win7pro 64

Thanks all.

Sept 28 2024

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

No for MX use no board connection is required, but W7 maybe is issue. ST installs dont right check existence valid library sometimes. Try install more recent VC redist Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

TDK
Guru

Win7 isn't supported anymore, but that's probably not the issue. But it could be.

Are you behind a corporate firewall or something similar? 

Might want to try the standalone STM32CubeMX where you can verify that your internet connection works as expected. Could also be ST's servers having issues, but no trouble here. The first time you click "generate code" it can take a while. I don't know what it's doing in the background, but it does seem to phone home.

TDK_0-1727540940263.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

So the Windows update does nothing and as for the UPDATER SETTINGS when I click on "Check Connections" it seem OK. I'll try to upload some picture of the pages I have .