cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to convert ST-LINK to J-LINK

FrankNatoli
Associate III

STM offers a utility to convert an ST-LINK debugger to J-LINK debugger.

USB drivers are current.

But when "stlinkreflash.exe" is run [in admin mode], it says "cannot find an ST-LINK, multiple ST-LINKs are plugged in, or ST-LINK in use".

None of that is true.

After exiting "stlinkreflsh.exe", IAR has no problem finding and burning the ST-LINK STM32H7B3I DK board.

Device Manager clearly shows only one ST-LINK is present.

No other process is running that touches the ST-LINK.

What does it take to please "stlinkreflash.exe"?

I need J-LINK feature to breakpoint on memory write to help identify corruption caused by STM USB host driver.

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

STM32H7B3I DK --> V3E is integrated into the board

the ST-LINK to J-LINK works only for stLink V2.1 - afaik.

i did it on a STM32F072B-DISCO board, working ok. just - every day you get at first use a window, to tell you, this is a demo version and you should buy some segger products...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Well, thanks.

Humorously, I have two Segger J-Links, but they cannot be attached to a STM32H7B3I DK board.

I also have a STM32H7B3I EVAL board, to which a Segger can be attached, but I can't get the STM USB Host driver to recognize the mouse, neither on the OTG FS port nor the OTG HS port.

The DK board is recognizing the mouse, but the STM USB Host driver is corrupting queue structures, and I can't breakpoint on memory write with the ST-LINK debugger.

>I have two Segger J-Links, but they cannot be attached to a STM32H7B3I DK

why ?? (or are this copies - with old firmware ?)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

A Segger J-Link has a 20 pin connector, two rows of 10 pins. There is no such connector on an STM32H7B3I DK but there is on an STM32H7B3I EVAL.

come on - you need just swd connection; take some wires and connect it.

swd , swc, gnd . (+ software reset)

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bk0uJQAQ.png 

ok - this is a problem: is cn12 there ?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bk0vqQAA.png