cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery-H745 cubeIDE problem

Hello. When creating a project for stm32h745xi, I encountered problems. Conflict of startup files, sct, ld files (section sizes) are not formed correctly. In the System tab, the parameter PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY is missing. All problems had to be solved manually. In Keil, start-up files are excluded in the project settings. Sct files were also edited manually. The hardest part was adding the above parameter to the CubeMX environment. This was done so that every time when generating the code not to make corrections manually. An incorrectly selected parameter brought the controller into a "brick" state. If you do not know where and how to edit the XML file, then you can replace one line in the SystemClock_Config function.

void SystemClock_Config(void)
{
  RCC_OscInitTypeDef RCC_OscInitStruct = {0};
  RCC_ClkInitTypeDef RCC_ClkInitStruct = {0};

/** Supply configuration update enable 
  */
//  HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_LDO_SUPPLY);
  HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY);
. . . . . . . . . .

7 REPLIES 7

0690X00000A9oMAQAZ.jpg0690X000009Yx8hQAC.png

Access Denied

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Now available?

Couple of complaints about this

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BD2moZSQR/default-fw-generated-by-cubemx-for-stm32h745idisco-board-doesnt-work-after-cycling-power

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000B45FHiSQM/stm32h745idisco-crash-at-systemclockconfig

Ok, so video shows running board.

On the H747I-DISCO I had to solder the BOOT0 to recover it, Although I wasn't using CubeMX, I had used H743 startup code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

On Discovery - h745xi there is r144 not installed. It is enough to close it at 3.3 v and erase flash using CubeProg. Restoring thus its performance.