cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Nucleo and respective MCU

ECiot.1
Associate II

Hi, the software developed with STM32CubeIDE for a Nucleo board can be used for programming the respective MCU in the final application? For example if I program the CAN communication using the NUCLEO-H723ZG then I can use the SAME code to program the MCU STM32H723ZG in the real application or I have to start a new project and a new code although I use the same MCU that is on the Nucleo board? Moreover, there is a one to one corrispondence between the Morpho pin and the pin of the MCU mounted on the Nucleo? In summary, can I treat the Nucleo and the MCU like the same thing or I have to treat them like differente things? 

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

It's the same chip and you can use the same exact code, provided you have the same relevant pin connections on your board as on the Nucleo.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LCE
Principal

What TDK said.

Check each and every GPIO. If you change the package, take double care and check the datasheet's alternate function table.

For CAN, take care which CAN transceiver you will finally use and adjust the TDC (transceiver delay compensation) accordingly.