cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download code into STM32f103 by St-Link v2 in STM32CubeIDE

BDimi
Associate II

HI,

I have trouble with downloading code in MCU STM32F103 (Blue Pill) by ST-Link v2.

I have also try to download, read, erase MCU by STM32CubeProgrammer and it works correctly.

Project was made by STMCube as Atolic project and after that it was converted to STMCubeIDE project. Firmer, which is made by STMCubeIDE and downloaded in MCU by STMCubeProgrammer works as expected.

14 REPLIES 14
TMaia.1
Associate II

Hello Mattias, indeed. I wasn't clear enough.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Use a bluepill STM32F103C8 + St-link V2 + Stm32CubeIDE

2) Leave all configs as default and try to debug

I was running over and over my configurations. I was able to fix the problem.

As it seems, using native Stm32CubeMX ioc generate the problem. When it ask, do the migration for STM32CubeIDE.

Problem solved!

@TMaia.1​, hmmm... interesting. MX itself is not "CubeIDE debug configuration"-aware.

The only reasons we can think of as to why "using native Stm32CubeMX ioc generate the problem" would be if MX uses the SWD/JTAG pins for some other function and thereby not making them available for debugger. You could double-check that if you want... Then again if your problem is solved - I am happy 🙂

hi mattias norlander,

Will it be ok for you to describe a bit how to identify a genuine STM32 device or any recommended references or trusted sites that sell genuine STM32 MCUs ?

If you look at the search of STM32 MCU at the link HERE, there are so many of them, each with different label on it, I really don't know which one is genuine ?

I am new to ST products, received feedback that the none genuine STM32 device issues but really no idea where and how to get a genuine STM32 MCU ( discrete STM32F103C8T6 MCU alone in this case ) ?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Please advise, thank you.

How yo identify a genuine STM32... Well, not an expert on this topic, but I think you are safe as long as you order boards from reputable chip distributors like Farnell/Mouser/DigiKey/ or some other local distributor in your country with a good reputation. I guess your local ST sales guy would be able to give a recommendation. I have less confidence in Wish and similar pages which I doubt takes responsibility about which products are delivered from their affiliates... But not sure.

Most clones have another marking that STM chips, e.g. GD, CKH etc. You should see by visual inspection. There is more to differentiate, e.g. the IDR in the Romtable. Or the Cortex-M1 Core revision.