cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend a TF LCD and driver that is for sure compatible with an STM nucleoF429ZI board?

rpw313
Associate

I have been looking into this for some time but I am running out of time and I only have 1 opportunity to buy the correct thing for a school project.

I need a larger touch screen LCD that is compatible with touchGFX and a driver that can connect the stm32 nucleoF429ZI that I have, which does not have an LCD built into it, to the LCD. I would really appreciate someone pointing me to something that will work correctly. Please also let me know if there are any other components that I will need to connect them together. Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
jiangfan
ST Employee

You may have a look at the X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion board, it features a 2.2” 8-bit parallel interface TFT display, but touch screen feature not supported (only some pins reserved for touch panel). Another limitation is the 64-Mbit Q-SPI NOR Flash memory on X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 expansion board is not available for nucleo-F429ZI.

Some specific reasons for the NUCLEO F429Z ?

ST only really provides direct support of things they build. Is there an existing DISCO or EVAL board in one of the newer STM32 families which is a better fit for the entire project?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rpw313
Associate

My team member bought the that specific nucleo board 8 months ago and I just got randomly added to the team. I have a discovery board with and LCD on board but they refuse to listen to my idea of just having the two boards communicate and insist that we all run it from that nucleo board.

Well the NUCLEO boards are considered relatively cheap and expendable, especially when interfacing to external equipment. Not really well suited to adding large SDRAM frame buffers, and RGB parallel displays.

Simplest to physically interface would be ones using SPI and have own controllers and frame buffers. But would tend to have relatively slow update rates, and require you implement or port in suitable drivers to facilitate usage. Perhaps look at WaveShare or NewHaven

Dig through the ST BSP code examples to find what models they are supporting, as these might be the easiest to port

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..