cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] ST-Link firmware verification - No ST-LINK detected message since 1.4.x update.

gcrisa
Associate III

On Windows 10, I just updated (again) to the 1.4.2 version, hoping to solve this issue, yet nothing changed.

Already tried a clean install (again) and re-installed the latest STM32CubeProgrammer: nothing changed.

Will ST handle this sooner or later please? Or at least give some help in diagnosing the problem? Thanks

64 REPLIES 64
PJ SA.1
Associate II

this are my temporary solution

1. at the moment for make ver 1.4.x debug work, i siwtch debug configguration to remote gdbserver option0693W000002lA4oQAE.jpg
  2. modify config.txt in the folder "C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.4.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.stlink-gdb-server.win32_1.4.0.202007081208\tools\bin" for correct path   for STM32_Programmer_CLI executable0693W000002lA61QAE.jpg
  3. Start ST-LINK_gdbserver.bat manually, it will launch win cmd prompt0693W000002lA6VQAU.jpg
  4. start debugging from stmcubeide and it's work0693W000002lA74QAE.jpg0693W000002lA6kQAE.jpg

Hi, sad to hear I'm not the only one facing this issue. If you can, please take some time to do the tests that LaurentL asked me to do, so we can know if it's actually the same issue, and they can eventually fix it: in my case it seems that the libusb (used by the stlinkserver.exe) is not able to enumerate the USB devices...

Hi,

Can you try to patch this libusb dll in stlink server installed directory.

It is a v1.0.23 but recompiled.

Hi LaurentL,

It works! That is great, many thanks!!

Edit: I tested both ST-LINK GDB Server and OpenOCD configurations, for each of them tried shared mode off and on. All works, except for OpenOCD+Shared mode OFF.

Glad to hear the good news.

You might try to update the same dll found in openocd directory in cubeIde 1.4 plugin.

In STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.openocd.win32_1.4.0......\tools\bin

Indeed, it worked 🙂 I forgot to update also there. Thanks so much! Will this version be merged in the future CubeIDE releases, or I'll have to do it manually for now?

Yes of course, it will be included for next releases.

Edit after it was marked as best answer :

The libusb dll v1.0.23 is now installed with STM32cubeIde v1.5.0 installer.

So, no need to patch it, just install (not update) STM32CubeIde v1.5.0.

Rgds,

Laurent

Awesome. Have a nice day!

PJ SA.1
Associate II

hi It also works on my old dell laptop.

awesome, That is great, many thanks!!0693W000002lLxuQAE.jpg

Hi, I have tried the libusb dll v1.0.23 from libusb 7z official package and the MinGW32 is working fine.

The MS32 is not working, i suppose you tried this one.

So, the patch should work also with this official dll, found in libusb-1.0.23.7z\MinGW32\dll directory.

libusb-1.0.23.7z file to get there : https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.23/libusb-1.0.23.7z/download