cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-CAMS-OMV module connection problem

Zeuxis
Associate

I want to connect a B-OMV-Cam module to a nucleo board H7A3ZI-Q. When I did my research I found that the only board commonly used with the cam module is the DISCO discovery board. Is the cam module meant for specific bards and if not, how can I connect it to a nucleo board ? 

I tested neural networks for computer vision in the MX Cube AI ide and got the H7A3ZI-Q as a suggestion. 

Thank you for your responses !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Zeuxis ,

Thank you for updating post.

You can connect the Nucleo board to only the camera by using CN2 or you can connect it to the B-OMV-Cam by using CN4 as mentioned UM2779.

KDJEM1_0-1715693075722.png

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Zeuxis and welcome to the Community 🙂,

You can connect the B-OMV-Cam module to a Nucleo board.

As shown in the below figure, the camera module is connected to the DCMI through the following signal types:
• DCMI clock and data signals
• I2C configuration signals

KDJEM1_0-1715089414103.png

For that, it is necessary to refer to the Camera module and to the board Schematics and to MCU datasheet and check the required pins for this connection.

To find the required pins used to connect B-CAMS-OMV module with an MCU you can refer to UM2779.

This connection made with CN2 connector as shown in the below table.

KDJEM1_1-1715089414099.png

To find the required pins used to connect STM32H7A3 and board schematic with an camera module, I advise you to refer to the datasheet and search the pins of DCMI clock and data signals and I2C configuration signals.

Also you can find the pins connection of Nucleo-H7A3ZI-Q with an camera module by using STM32CubeMX, choose Nucleo-H7A3ZI-Q  then enable DCMI.

KDJEM1_0-1715090733931.png

KDJEM1_3-1715089414226.png

I hope this answer your request.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello ! Thank you for your response.

I wasn't able to figure out how to connect my components. I have the OMV cam bundle and the CN2 connector is already used by the camera. I tried to initiate an SPI connection but it did not go very well (mostly struggle with the MXide). 

Maybe I could do with the camera only but I do not have the right wires to connect the board to the CN2 on the camera.

Thank you again !

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Zeuxis ,

Thank you for updating post.

You can connect the Nucleo board to only the camera by using CN2 or you can connect it to the B-OMV-Cam by using CN4 as mentioned UM2779.

KDJEM1_0-1715693075722.png

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not?

Thank you.

Kaouthar